Future Events UTCT & Member Churches (where details known)
1. The Lent Study Group - joining Barnard Castle Deanery this year – dates & times:
Feb 21st 7.00pm @ The Pathway: God is with us.
Feb 28th 7.00pm @ St Mary’s Gainford: God is with us in the bible.
Mar 7th 7.00pm @ St. Mary’s Staindrop: God is with us in the Holy Communion.
Mar 14th 7.00pm @ Barnard Castle Parish Church: God is with us in so many unexpected ways.
Mar 21st 7.00pm @ Evenwood Church Hall: God is with us day by day.
2. Palm Sunday Walk of Witness March 25th@ Eggleston Village Green 2.00pm, & @ Eggleston Methodist 2.30pm
3. Easter Services – including Stations of The Cross
Monday @ Holy Trinity 7.15pm
Tuesday @ Holy Trinity Eggleston 7.15pm
Wed @ Holy Trinity 7.15pm
Maundy Thurs @ The Pathway 7.30pm
Good Friday @ St Mary’s 2.00pm Last Hour of The Cross
4. 5th Sunday Worship 2018 April 29th St James the Less 3.00pm
5. 5th Sunday Worship 2018 July 29th Farmer’s Market - To Be Confirmed & Time
6. Sep 9th 2018 St. Mary’s Development Fund Gift Day
7. Sep 15th ? Eggleston Show – date & venue to be confirmed
8. 5th Sunday Worship 2018 Sep 30th Cotherstone Quakers
9. Oct 21st Visit of Bishop Mark of Jarrow: Weekend Mission to Anglican Churches.
10. Dec 16th 6.00pm Village Christmas Service @ The Pathway
11. Dec 30th 5th Sunday Worship: venue & time to be decided.
St.Mary’s, Middleton-in-Teesdale celebrated Fair Trade Fortnight with the usual Fair Trade tea, coffee and sugar, but with the addition of home-made Crunchy Biscuits containing Fair Trade sultanas and raisins. To support British producers, on the other hand, we used UK rolled oats. “Red Tractor” granulated sugar, British farm butter and golden syrup made in the UK.
These ingredients thus comply with “LOAF” principles – Locally Produced, Organically Farmed, Animal-Friendly, Fair Traded.
For one member of the congregation on a sugar-free diet during Lent, cocktail-sticks skewered with bananas, sultanas and raisins were provided as an alternative.
The recipe for Crunchy Biscuits
Ingredients - 125 gms (4oz) softened butter
125 gms (4oz) granulated sugar
1 heaped tablespoonful of golden syrup
¼ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
A pinch of salt
125 gms (4oz) rolled oats
125 gms (4oz) SR flour
30 gms (1oz) Chilean raisins, cut in half
30 gms (1oz) Orange River sultanas, cut in half
Method - The fat and sugar are creamed with the golden syrup. Then the dry ingredients are mixed in
thoroughly. The mixture is rolled into large marble-sized balls, placed on a baking tray, and
pressed down lightly with a fork. Bake at 180C (350F)(Mark 4) for 15-20 minutes, and
place on a cooling-tray.
Wednesday Fellowship- Click on blue to enlarge
If you would like to pray with other Christians "click here"